Whatever your age, condition or background, Covina Fitness Collective was designed to be a place for yoga students and fitness lovers of all levels (from beginners to advanced) to feel comfortable and deepen their practice.
Yoga is a practice as well as a lifelong process. It is not about doing the postures perfectly. As long as you give your best effort, you will receive the same therapeutic benefit as someone who has practiced for years and obtained a high level of flexibility, strength and balance.
We recommend practicing 4-5 times per week to obtain the maximum benefits. Of course, you will receive the same benefits with a reduced practice – it just takes a bit longer.
Below are a few suggestions to help make the most of your practice:
- Please arrive 15 minutes early. You can sign in, register and prepare for your practice. Discuss any injuries or health issues with your teacher before class begins.
- Come prepared to SWEAT, MOVE, BREATHE, BE CHALLENGED, and HAVE FUN! We suggest you wear something comfortable. Breathable fabric is most desirable.
- Hydrate, hydrate and hydrate! Make sure to hydrate prior to the class and bring water with you to stay hydrated during. Bottled water and Coconut water is available for purchase at the studio.
- Try not to eat before class. Most people find they need to leave at least 3 hours between their last meal and the class.
- Bring a Mat, Large Towel and Open Mind. Yoga mats and large towels are required in the studio. Mats and towels are available for rent/purchase at the studio.
- Please stay in the studio during the class. If you get dizzy or nauseous, please feel free to sit or lay down. As your practice strengthens, the struggle will disappear.
Spin Class Announcement: Due to limited spacing your reservation must be paid in full and you must check-in 15 min. prior to class start. If you are not present your space will be given to a customer on our wait list. No admittance to class once class begins. As of March 1st, 2017 indoor spin shoes required with SPD clips. Ask our front desk staff for rental shoes if you do not have your own $3 per rental.
Barre Class Announcement: Barre socks required for every class. Ask our front desk about barre sock purchase for $12.
Yoga Class Announcement: Yoga mat required. Ask our front desk staff for mat rental if you do not have your own $2 per rental.